Ask Nate Anything about Open edX – February 2016
February 10, 2016
Areas We Will Cover
Ask Nate Anything
Share this webinar
This past week Appsembler hosted our second “Ask Nate Anything” webinar in which we invited anyone who wanted to learn more about the Open edX learning platform to ask anything of our CEO and edX expert (edXpert for short), Nate Aune. Once again, people all over the world submitted lots of questions. We couldn’t get to all of them, but Nate addressed many. Here is the video of the session. Scroll down to see the list of questions asked, with links to jump right to Nate’s corresponding response.
Simply click the question you would like to hear answered.
- What is Open edX?
- How is it different from edX.org?
- What are some of the differences between Open edX and Moodle?
- What are XBlocks and what are some of the flexibilities and capabilities they bring to Open edX?
- What about HTML5 as a way to extend the platform and make courses more interactive?
- Could you tell us a little bit about what’s in Dogwood – the latest Open edX release?
- Is the Dogwood release OpenStack compatible?
- What’s going on with the Open edX mobile apps?
- What about integrating Open edX with other systems, i.e. SalesForce?
- What about integration with live virtual classrooms?
- How responsive is the design of Open edX and what progress is being made there?
- What are some ways 3rd party content (i.e. Articulate Storyline or OLX) can be integrated in Open edX?
- What about LTI capabilities in Open edX?
You can download the case studies that are mentioned in the video here.
Here are some of the links of some things we mention in the video.
- Image Explorer XBlock
- E-Commerce in Dogwood
- Mobile Features Roadmap
- Mobile Apps in the edX Learners Guide
- UX Pattern Library (UXPL)
- What is OLX?
- Alternative (yet, unofficial) discussion forums for Open edX Courses
- Adding SCORM Packages to OPen edX via ScormCloud
- Google Group Discussion
- Open edX Official Documentation
- Raspberry Pi for Open edX