Appsembler attended the Open edX conference in San Diego this year, and we were proud to present two hands-on workshops and one talk.
- Figures workshop (John Baldwin)
- Getting Started with Open edX Development workshop (Nate Aune)
- Cross-platform learner analytics with Open edX and xAPI (Bryan Wilson) (video)
We were also extremely excited to see so many of our customers at the event talking about the innovative ways that they’re using the Open edX platform. Here are the presentations:
- Education in the Open Source World by Alvin Richards from Redis Labs
- Agile Training on Agile Software by Vicki Lindem from Cybereason
- Custom Front-End Experiences with Open edX by Ryan Bleam and Brian Frost from Arizona State University (slides) (video)
- High Performance Online Learning using teams technology by Beth Porter from Riff Learning (slides) (video)
- Beyond the Black Box: How Transparent AI can Transform Learning by Walter Bender from Sorcero giving the keynote (video)
- Assessing Critical Thinking Skills Online by Ildi Morris, presenting her work with our customer KMS Solutions
The videos will be uploaded to the Open edX Youtube channel soon if you want to see the recordings from these talks. You can also check out this wiki page for the slidedecks.
Our very own Omar got a shout out during the keynote for the work he did on the Automated Communication Engine (ACE). (see photo below)
The next Open edX conference will be in May 2020 in Lisbon, Portugal! (see the short promotional video)